Your transaction center
includes a virtual terminal, which you may use to charge a credit card manually, without making a purchase through the shopping cart. Edit
How to run a manual authorizationEdit
Log in to your transaction center
and navigate to Virtual Terminal-->Authorize E-Commerce Transactions.EditType of Authorization:
Select either Direct Card Authorization or Voice Authorization. Additional instructions for voice authorizations are below.
- Order ID: Enter any combination of letters, numbers and special characters of your choosing.
NOTE: Each order ID entered should be unique.
- Amount: Enter the amount you wish to charge the card. Enter only numbers and a decimal point; do NOT include the dollar sign ($).
- Sales Tax: Enter the amount of the total comprised by sales tax.
If the total to be charged is $106 ($100 subtotal and $6 tax), 106.00 goes into the Amount field, and 6.00 goes into the Sales Tax field.NOTE:
This will only show if the Enable B2B Transactions
option is checked
- Transaction Type: Select either Authorize Only or Authorize and Settle. More info on these options is found on this page.
- Recurring Type: Select the recurring type for the transaction being submitted, if any. The default option is 'None' for a one-time charge. More info on the recurring billing system can be found here.
Credit Card Information
- Card Name: Select the type of credit card from the pull down. Only those cards you accept will show in this list.
- Expiration Month and Expiration Year: Select from the pull down the month and year of the credit card being entered.
- Card Number: Enter the whole credit card number (no hyphens or spaces).
- CVV2: Enter the card security code located on the card. The security code is a 3 digit code on the back of the card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) or 4 digit code on the front of the card (American Express).
NOTE: While this field is not required, it is highly recommended that you enter this information to provide protection against certain types of fraudulent transactions
- Name on Card: Enter the card holder name as it appears on the card.
- Street Address/Street Address 2, City, State, ZIP Code, Country: Enter the billing address for the credit card using these fields
NOTE: If you are entering a foreign address that does not have a ZIP code, you may enter "NA" for this field.
NOTE: If the billing country is something other than United States or Canada, select "Other Country." The default selection in the State field will then change to "(Choose Country)." Select the Country from this pull down.
You can create additional fields, text areas, and check boxes to appear in this section. To create an additional field, text area or check box, go to Main Options-->Additional Fields. These fields may be used to record any additional information you wish to enter for a transaction, and will be included in all transaction reports run from the transaction center.